Who said statistics can’t be fun, here are some statistics relating to the House of Commons that was circulated circa 2009 – if anyone has any updates, please let us know.
Imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following employee statistics:
- 29 have been accused of spouse abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 9 have been accused of writing bad cheques
- 17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
- 3 have done time for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year
The House of Commons houses the same lot that sit in judgment on the rest of us and crank out hundreds of new laws and legislation designed to keep the rest of us in our place – to top it all, they have the best perks and a wonderful pension scheme.
Apparently, sometimes crime does pay but you have to work in the goverment in order to get away with it.